Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

The lost love

There was a time when I was in love, helplessly in love. I dreamt of sharing my future with him. He meant a world to me. And I danced to his tune. He proclaimed his love for me and I believed every word he said. After knowing him for two years, he disappeared one day without a word. I kept looking for him, hoping against hope that I would find him some day. I did find him but it took me fifteen years. What did I see? He wasn't the same person anymore. He was happily settled with a daughter. There was no place for me in his life.
My parents were right when they said that I was wasting away my life. I wanted to be realistic but I was a slave to my craving heart. What ever happened, I am glad that I found my share of love though not for eternity as I had always wished. In those two years of togetherness, I had lived my life to the fullest and nothing matters now.

No comments:

Post a Comment